Welcome to Watson Killiney Residents Association website. It is designed to allow residents to keep up to date on current events within the estate and focuses on the all projects associated with the area.
We hope you are enjoying the Summer sunshine as our lovely estate is blooming.
Tidy Districts 2019
Watson Killiney have won runner up prize in the Tidy Districts 2019 under the category 500+ dwellings and over. As part of this project, the residents' committee planted 19 road name stones with perennial, sustainable, pollinators (Bee Friendly) plants on 21st May 19. The plants are now flourishing.
If you spot a plant at any of the road name stones that are in need of some TLC. Please contact a member of the committee.
Residents are encouraged to keep the area in front of your home, tidy, litter free with the grass maintained.
A grateful BIG Thank You and well done to all who participate.
An Bord Pleanála Update
2nd October 2019. With regard to ABP-304823-19 An Bord Pleanála has decided that an oral hearing should not be held in this instance.
Planning Application Church Road/Churchview Road Ref:304823
- John Spain Planning and Development Associates submitted an application on 02/07/19 directly to An Bord Pleanála on behalf of Strand Court Limited. Due to the size of the proposed development they do not have to lodge the application with DLRCoCo.
- The application is for 210 residential units, a childcare facility and associated developments.
- The proposed exit for the development is down the side of Fairhaven onto Churchview Road (almost opposite Watson Road).
- The proposal is to tap into the foul and surface water drainage on Churchview Road and to upgrade it.
- The developer's website READ More here, where all plans and documents can be viewed.
- The deadline is 06/08/19 to lodge an observation at the cost of €20.
- You may also request an oral hearing with an additional cost of €50.
- Once the 06/08/19 date has passed the file (plans and observations) is given to DLRCoCo who then have until 27/08/19 to make a submission.
- An Bord Pleanála will make then a final decision on 21/10/19.
For quick access see Road Layout Plan & Accessibility & Connectivity Plan below:
It is important that you submit a €20 observation to this planning application directly to Án Bord Pleanála quoting the reference #304823 listing your many reasons for concern before 6th August 2019.
The date for Oberservations is now closed.
We will keep this information updated.